Scribing & Marking
Laser-supported scribing and marking can be done on Manz equipment with high precision. Customers who have been with Manz for years value the equipment’s high throughput and optimal efficiency. Additionally, parallel process control contributes to reduced cycle times while maintaining the high quality.
Our many years of experience in laser processing technology, and our competent, flexible development team, allow us to offer individual and in-line equipment for selective removal of thin layers as part of scribing and marking. These can meet a wide range of requirements for use on substrates and workpieces.
- Monolithic series connection of thin film solar modules (including active position control by the Manz Inline Precision Control System - IPCS)
- Selective exposure of functional layers on glass or film (such as for electrochromic components, flat panel displays or touch panels)
- Marking with symbols or barcodes, such as on the back of smartphones or tablet computers
- Repair of color defects on anodized aluminum surfaces
- Workpiece marking with barcodes or dot matrix codes
- Internal laser marking of transparent workpieces