Simulation & Fab Planning
As a provider of integrated production lines and turnkey factories, Manz has plenty of experience in material flow simulation and analysis. We also offer this expertise as a service: We assist our customers as early as the design phase or during analysis of existing production processes.
A dynamic simulation accompanies planning of production lines and factories throughout the project. The latest tools and methods are used to combine event-discrete and agent-based models. Even before a production line is commissioned, countless production years can be simulated.
A simulation’s results can show improvement potential and point out possible optimizations.
A material flow simulation and analysis can cover the following points:
- Stochastic modeling of key performance indicators (KPIs) of each individual piece of equipment
- Detection of bottlenecks and simultaneity factors
- Tests of critical situations (such as material blockages or bottlenecks, machine failure)
- Interactive control and observation of logistical issues
- Reliable design of buffer sizes and dimensioning of automation in a very early project phase
- Testing and optimization of operating concepts and maintenance plans
- Modeling of setup times and product changes
- Measurement of product-specific metrics, such as overall equipment efficiency (OEE) and overall factory efficiency (OFE) before production even begins
- Testing and development of production logics, significantly shortening the design, adjustment and commissioning of a manufacturing execution system (MES)