Flexible Material Handling
Mainly driven by the consumer electronics and display industries, the handling of flexible materials becomes more and more important. Manz offers advanced roll-to-roll and roll-to-sheet solutions that can be integrated in various production technologies.
Flexible materials are indispensable in the production of flexible printed circuits (FPC), printed electronics, flexible thin glass, flexible solar cells, lithium-ion batteries, power caps, flexible OLED displays and more.
Hence, roll-to-roll (R2R) technology is an essential component for the process automation of flexible materials. Manz provides a highly integrated and scalable R2R system for different process applications that is equipped with standardized interfaces.
Advantages of our roll-to-roll technology:
- Coverage of a wide range of load, speed, material width and dynamic motion profiles
- Quick exchange of roll material
- Precise and highly dynamic process control capability for stable production processes (excellent tension control, even of ultra-thin foils)
Our highly integrated R2R process equipment solutions can be used in:
- R2R wet chemical processing
- R2R chemical bath deposition
- R2R slit coating
- Roll-to-Sheet (R2S) cutting
- R2R lamination and encapsulation processes
- Screen and aerosol printing on flexible substrates
- Laser scribing and -ablation on flexible substrates
- Optical inspection of flexible substrates
- Packaging, sealing and welding of flexible substrate stacks
- Drying and curing of flexible substrates
Following flexible materials can be wound and unwound:
- Plastics and synthetic materials like PET, PE, PEN, PP…
- Metal foils
- Fabrics (e.g. textile, composite fibers)
- Prepregs (preimpregnated fibers) like carbon fibers or glass fibers