07/02/2021 10:00:00 CEST, Reutlingen Concept includes modules for planning, simulation, construction and scaling of integrated production systems from a single source | Manz with a holistic view of manufacturing processes in different industries thanks to many years of know-how in automation | Applicable for manufacturing processes with just a few individual steps up to fully automated turnkey production solutions
Manz AG, a global high-tech machine builder, is bundling its comprehensive range of products for the automation of production lines under the name Total Fab Solutions. The range of services offered by Total Fab Solutions includes all implementation steps for automation projects: from factory planning to process and material flow simulation or the integration of existing manufacturing processes to the construction, start-up and optimization of turnkey production solutions to be handed over.
Total Fab Solutions was designed for manufacturing companies across all industries and also covers the requirements of customers who produce under clean room conditions. Manz has already successfully implemented numerous reference projects for companies in the solar, electromobility and medical technology sectors in recent years.
Not off the shelf: Know-how for planning plus implementation expertise
"Thanks to our decades of automation competence, we take a holistic view of the planning and simulation phases of manufacturing processes and also offer implementation strength for the actual construction and commissioning of fully automated production systems," says Dr. Claus Kuhn, Head of Thin Film Solar Business Unit at Manz. "That is exactly what makes Total Fab Solutions unique on the market."
With Total Fab Solutions, Manz is addressing two fundamental challenges for manufacturing companies worldwide: In many places, existing production lines have to be modernized and automated as seamlessly as possible in the course of capacity expansion and under steadily increasing cost pressure. In addition, in view of technological change and the digitization of production processes, manufacturers often have to create new production capacities in a short period of time. "There are no off-the-peg solutions for this, but are always very individual and tailored to the respective customer needs," explained Dr. Claus Kuhn. “After all, the competitive advantage of many manufacturers of high-tech products, especially in large-volume mass production, is clearly the efficiency and reliability of the manufacturing processes. With Total Fab Solutions we are making an important contribution from the ground up to enable our customers to achieve cost leadership in their market."
What do manufacturing companies get with Total Fab Solutions from Manz?
- Factory planning, process and material flow simulations: as a consulting service independent of the implementation of an automation project by Manz
- Development of the operating modes and a maintenance concept for a production to be automated: Optimization of the cycle times and the material flow including different buffer scenarios; Quality control and product tracking with various inspection systems
- Development of a production logic: With a holistic view, potentially critical production steps are identified and can, for example, be made redundant and therefore stable
- Definition of the optimal solution in each case for individual process steps: The greatest possible flexibility should allow manufacturing companies to integrate process machines from completely different suppliers into their processes
- Planning of automation and process technology: only the intelligent linking of process systems with the most complete automation possible makes a production resilient
- Realization of the automation or process project: implemented turnkey on request and beyond the ramp-up; with expansion options