Depending on the laser process, the following substrates can be drilled:
- Micro-drilling of hard, brittle and flexible materials
- Ceramics and ceramic films
- Printed circuit boards and flexible printed circuit boards
- Macro-drilling of hard, brittle materials
- Glass (float glass, hardened glass): mounting holes, bushings, pressure equalization holes
Manz also has both the process expertise and the optical process technology for high-precision drilling at maximum throughput. In a recent project, 2,500 holes were drilled per second with a positional precision of ±2 µm on a 130 mm square machining area.